Someone who knows how tax inspectors think and act and can help you to prepare for the investigation - and someone who will be on your side.
Tax investigations, including investigations into tax fraud, tax evasion and tax avoidance schemes, can be extremely stressful, time-consuming and potentially damaging to your business reputation, not to mention expensive if penalties are imposed.
If you have been notified that HMRC wishes to conduct an investigation into your tax affairs you will need an expert by your side who understands tax legislation, HMRC operational procedures and the areas they are likely to focus on.
Tax investigations protections scheme
We arrange a scheme which pays our clients’ fees in dealing with tax enquiries, to give peace of mind against a potential attack and to ensure they can afford a full defence.
We can advise on the following:
- Code of Practice 8 & 9 investigations.
- HMRC disputes and appeals i.e. you disagree with HMRC decision relating to direct taxes (e.g. income, capital gains, corporation, NIC) you may be able to challenge the decision by appealing.
- PAYE, Corporate or VAT investigations.
- Formal and informal enquiries which are dealt with by local HMRC offices.
- Provide you with an objective assessment of your tax affairs – a pre-investigation investigation with a full report highlighting potential areas of concern and/or preparing the case for the defence to answer HMRC queries.
- Attend meetings with HMRC on your behalf, negotiating with them to reach a fair and just settlement and a repayment period that is affordable to you and/or your business.
- Represent you at tax appeals and tribunals.
- Advise you on all types of enquiries: income tax, PAYE, NI, VAT, corporation tax, and capital gains tax.
How we can help:
We offer an impartial evaluation of your tax matters, conducting a comprehensive analysis prior to any official investigation. Our thorough examination will provide you with a detailed report that identifies potential areas of concern and prepares your case for responding to HMRC queries.
We can act as your representative during meetings with HMRC, engaging in negotiations to achieve a fair and equitable resolution. Our aim is to reach a settlement and establish a manageable repayment plan that suits you and your business.
Additionally, we provide representation services for tax appeals and tribunals, ensuring that your interests are effectively advocated for in these proceedings.