Are you a seasoned paraplanner with a track record of collaborating closely with financial advisers to deliver top-tier service to a diverse client base?
Martin Aitken Financial Services paraplanners engage in thorough research, analyse market trends, and craft comprehensive reports. Collaborating closely with our financial advisers and client support teams, offering advice and ongoing services to both new and existing clients. Supported by our experienced paraplanning management and finance team, you'll work on diverse client cases, continually enhancing your skills and expertise.
Our paraplanners play a vital role in our firm, and their contributions are highly appreciated by our clients. In addition to formulating recommendations, they conduct annual reviews of our clients' finances, evaluate their risk exposure, and adjust their financial strategy to align with evolving circumstances.
We have a values-driven approach and are keen to chat to candidates who would like to be part of a working culture that fosters care, success, and enjoyment. We offer ample support, technical development, and a clear path for career progression.
Who are we looking for?
- Working towards your Diploma qualification
- Ongoing knowledge of Compliance Procedures and FCA requirements
- Prior experience in Intelligent Office, (iO) back office systems and FE Analytics, Fund Research systems would be advantageous.
- Will come from a similar FS environment
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Capable of working calmly and effectively under pressure
- Flexible, self-motivated, reliable, and eager to learn
- Adaptable to the changing needs of the business
- Trustworthy; uses discretion with confidential information
- Strong Word & Excel knowledge
What does a day look like?
- Carrying out technical and product research
- Completing simple annual review reports for clients
- Complete new recommendation reports for basic financial products such as Life Assurance, ISAs, Collectives and Money Purchase Pension Plans.
- Prepare Cash Flow Analysis/reports for clients
- Prepare research and complete both review and new recommendation reports for the following:
- Pension switch/ transfer recommendations
- Arrangements of SIPPs/ SSAS pension plans
- Pension Drawdown and pension income withdrawal planning
- Pension Annual Allowance and Lifetime Allowance planning reports, including the use of Lifetime Allowance Protection
- IHT and Estate Planning recommendations via the use of Trusts, Tax Allowances and tax planning vehicles such as EIS/VCT etc
- Investment withdrawal planning and tax planning, including on and offshore investment bond surrenders/withdrawals and Capital gain tax planning
- Corporate investment planning and corporate protection, including Keyman Insurance, Relevant Life and Group Schemes.
As a recognised Financial Times Top 100 firm, this is an opportunity to work with a progressive Financial Services team, one that rewards its people and encourages personal career growth and development.
Development, welfare, and flexibility of key importance to us, that’s why out with our standard benefits such as our cycle to work scheme, employee assistance programmes, and social events, we also offer you:
We offer employees in certain roles, the flexibility to work from home whilst maintaining the benefits of working together in the office. We also offer flexible working patterns, bank holidays and summer hours.
EV salary sacrifice scheme
Providing employees with the opportunity to invest in the future of our planet. We also have on site car chargers!!
Corporate gym membership
Keeping physically healthy has a whole host of benefits, we have a corporate membership at The Gym on Glasgow Quay where employees have 24/7 access to the gym and classes.
Enhanced family friendly leave
We understand the importance of family time and want to ensure you have the opportunity to take time off with a growing family which is why we offer enhanced maternity and paternity leave.
Enhanced pension contributions
We offer enhanced pension contributions matched up to 7% Er contribution. Ensuring you have the opportunity to invest in your retirement.
Group income & protection scheme
We want to make sure you feel well protected no matter what life throws your way and provide everyone with income and critical illness protection.
Employee referral scheme
Employees who introduce new members of staff can receive up to £5,000 on successful completion of probationary period.
Investing in learning & development
Tailored development plans and investment in learning to ensure that you are well supported and able to succeed in your role.
Long service award
Celebrating those who are part of the MACO family, from 10 years to 40 years and beyond.