Are you currently working in a Corporate Finance team with exposure to a range of CF type activities, constantly communicating with both stakeholders and clients on multiple levels and delivering excellent results?
Do you want to take the next step in your career and transition into a management role that allows you to have strategic input into the growth of our corporate advisory department as well as establishing yourself within a successful firm?
This opportunity will give you that and more. You will be joining our well established CA firm, located in Glasgow, that has a supportive culture, excellent values, and fantastic reputation for internal growth, as our Corporate Advisory Assistant Manager.
Who are we looking for?
- CA or ACCA qualified.
- Experience in Corporate Finance, involvement in, and running, assignments across a range of CF type work, including M & A, Due Diligence, Valuations, Business Planning and Funding.
- Supervisory skills.
- High level of attention to detail and ability to self-review.
- Strong commercial awareness.
- Business development and networking skills would be advantageous.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge and understanding of report writing.
- Experience in the preparation and review of business plans, information memorandums, valuations and financial projections as well as due diligence experience.
- Ability to spot opportunities.
What does a day look like?
- Transactional work (buy side, sell side, MBOs), including input into the management of the transaction process.
- Preparing and reviewing business plans and financial projections.
- Undertaking financial due diligence on behalf of, for example, funders and acquirers.
- Preparing and reviewing valuations.
- Pursuing funding for clients -identifying and meeting funders, completing applications, addressing queries, and agreeing terms.
- Writing information memorandum documents for potential sales.
- Presenting key information to clients, Business Advisers and internal staff.
- Managing a variety of assignments running concurrently.
- Generating new business leads through networking and industry events.
- Pitching for new assignments.
- Managing a team.
An opportunity to work for such an established firm does not come around often due to our low staff turnover, meaning you are not just another number but a valued member.
Does this sound like you?
Development, welfare, and flexibility of key importance to us, that’s why out with our standard benefits such as our cycle to work scheme, employee assistance programmes, and social events, we also offer you:
We offer employees in certain roles, the flexibility to work from home whilst maintaining the benefits of working together in the office. We also offer flexible working patterns, bank holidays and summer hours.
EV salary sacrifice scheme
Providing employees with the opportunity to invest in the future of our planet. We also have on site car chargers!!
Corporate gym membership
Keeping physically healthy has a whole host of benefits, we have a corporate membership at The Gym on Glasgow Quay where employees have 24/7 access to the gym and classes.
Enhanced family friendly leave
We understand the importance of family time and want to ensure you have the opportunity to take time off with a growing family which is why we offer enhanced maternity and paternity leave.
Enhanced pension contributions
We offer enhanced pension contributions matched up to 7% Er contribution. Ensuring you have the opportunity to invest in your retirement.
Group income & protection scheme
We want to make sure you feel well protected no matter what life throws your way and provide everyone with income and critical illness protection.
Employee referral scheme
Employees who introduce new members of staff can receive up to £5,000 on successful completion of probationary period.
Investing in learning & development
Tailored development plans and investment in learning to ensure that you are well supported and able to succeed in your role.
Long service award
Celebrating those who are part of the MACO family, from 10 years to 40 years and beyond.