Many people often start out trading as a sole trader because it is the most simple way to get set up and begin to trade.
For some it is the first step on the ladder before they move on to setting up a limited company when the business idea becomes proven and a reasonable level of profitability is being achieved. Other sole traders e.g. self-employed contractors and freelancers, may have no intention of progressing to a limited company and will remain as a sole trader for the duration.
Whichever category you fall into, we have sole trader packages to suit you. Our sole trader, contractor and freelancer accounting packages start from £50 per month.
We can also advise you on getting set up to trade, registering the business and creating your business plan. Our experienced advisers will provide timely advice and support during the year to help you to achieve your commercial aims and we will ensure that your business is operating in the most tax efficient way.
We also offer a range of add-on services e.g. if you don’t want to do your own bookkeeping we can do this for you, or if you are registered for VAT we can provide you with quarterly assistance with compilation and submission of your VAT returns.
We can also help you to identify potential funding sources and business grants that may be available to you to help you to grow and expand the business. >Find out more
Your package will be designed and tailored to suit your specific requirements and you can add-on and take away services as you require.
What’s included in our cloud accounting packages for sole traders, contractors and freelancers?
- Sole trader Income & Expenditure annual accounts.
- Self-assessment tax return – completion and submission on your behalf.
- Regular tax efficiency and business recommendations e.g. tax reliefs and allowances; managing cashflow.
- Regular progress calls with your dedicated accountant and/or bookkeeper.
- Dedicated accountant and tax adviser.
- Annual business and tax review, and if required, a wealth planning review with a financial adviser from MAFS Ltd >more
- Cloud accounting software and recommendations on business applications suitable for sole traders e.g. Receipt Bank, Tripcatcher >more
- Online document storage (virtual cabinet).
- Free getting started training package and unlimited telephone/online support.
Potential service add-ons
- Bookkeeping services >more
- VAT Returns >more
- Management Accounts >more
- Business Planning >more
- Funding & business grants >more