Experienced Business Service Advisor or internal Finance Assistant? Worked closely with clients to build lasting relationships?
Bring your dynamic client delivery experience to our team! If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, excel in stakeholder communication, and have managed diverse client portfolios, we would love to chat to you.
Join our well-established professional services firm in Glasgow, recognised as one of Scotland's leading independent Chartered Accountants.
As a Business Services Advisor, you'll contribute to our ambitious growth plans.
Your skills in business service advisory and digital accountancy systems will find a perfect home in our culture that values care, success, and enjoyment, building a successful future together.
*Part-time roles are based on any 3 days (Mon-Fri) with a Pro-Rata salary between £26,000 - £30,000 DOE
If you can:
- Provide clients with a full monthly/quarterly business services provision including, but not limited to, bank reconciliation, balance sheet reconciliations, maintenance of fixed asset register, and processing of journals, accruals, and prepayments.
- Provide colleagues with final trial balance and supporting schedules for preparation of statutory accounts.
- Engage with clients on management information in a range of formats, using technology and dashboards as appropriate – Whilst providing them advice on basic issues
- Prepare and/or finalise VAT returns as required for senior review.
- Familiar with finance and accounting functions and how supporting technology can differ by industry and business structure; what is required from a compliance perspective and what is considered a standard or best practice.
- Able to tailor standard management reports to the specific reporting needs of the client.
- Experienced in Xero and Sage software, with an understanding of digital add-on apps.
We encourage applicants within a firm of any size environment from small independent to Top Tier firm backgrounds to get in touch.
This is an opportunity to work with a progressive accountancy firm, one that rewards its people and encourages personal career growth and development.
Development, welfare, and flexibility of key importance to us, that’s why out with our standard benefits such as our cycle to work scheme, employee assistance programmes, and social events, we also offer you:
We offer employees in certain roles, the flexibility to work from home whilst maintaining the benefits of working together in the office. We also offer flexible working patterns, bank holidays and summer hours.
EV salary sacrifice scheme
Providing employees with the opportunity to invest in the future of our planet. We also have on site car chargers!!
Corporate gym membership
Keeping physically healthy has a whole host of benefits, we have a corporate membership at The Gym on Glasgow Quay where employees have 24/7 access to the gym and classes.
Enhanced family friendly leave
We understand the importance of family time and want to ensure you have the opportunity to take time off with a growing family which is why we offer enhanced maternity and paternity leave.
Enhanced pension contributions
We offer enhanced pension contributions matched up to 7% Er contribution. Ensuring you have the opportunity to invest in your retirement.
Group income & protection scheme
We want to make sure you feel well protected no matter what life throws your way and provide everyone with income and critical illness protection.
Employee referral scheme
Employees who introduce new members of staff can receive up to £5,000 on successful completion of probationary period.
Investing in learning & development
Tailored development plans and investment in learning to ensure that you are well supported and able to succeed in your role.
Long service award
Celebrating those who are part of the MACO family, from 10 years to 40 years and beyond.