Please click below to read our latest Dentistry newsletter
We have a dedicated Partner-led team dealing with dental practices and associated service providers across Scotland. Partners Jayne Clifford and Stephen Neville head up the team and have over forty years combined experience advising dental clients. We currently work with over 70 dentists and provide services that are specifically tailored to their individual needs.
What really sets us apart from our competitors is our value added services we offer:
Your dedicated team
All of our dental clients have a dedicated Partner and Manager which is kept consistent year on year to promote an efficient review process.
No obligation first meeting
Our first meeting is free of charge so it’s a great way of meeting us and seeing how we can help you without a fee or any obligation.
We are business advisers for the Scottish Dental sector. We pass our knowledge on by attending study days for the Faculty of General Dental Practitioners (UK) Scotland. We keep abreast of developments within the industry through regular dealings with contacts in the industry and various Dental Bodies. We then share this knowledge with our clients.
It’s not just the compliance based services that we offer. We also provide a range of financial services to help you understand your financial figures and reduce your tax liability. Our services include:
- Customised accountancy and finance solutions for newly qualified dentists who are ready to go into practice themselves or ready to take on an associate position with another practitioner
- Helping freelance dental care professionals to register as self-employed with HM Revenue & Customs and provide guidance on the records that you need to maintain your legal obligations
- Helping you manage your own personal finances, including making your savings work harder and ensuring adequate pension provision for later on in life
- Helping you get finance to join a practice, form your own practice or buy over another practice. This includes carrying out due diligence work, preparing annual accounts, managing payroll and meeting all compliance needs
- Using approved tax planning vehicles to reduce the risk of future tax exposure
- Guidance on the disposal of practices
Some free time
We offer a phone advice service that gives nominated individuals in your dental practice the opportunity to call Stephen Neville or Jayne Clifford for free ad-hoc advice that lets you clear up all those small details and general enquiries before they turn into major issues.
We regularly speak at seminars and provide regular contributions to the Scottish Dental Magazine on key issues affecting dentists. We also present and exhibit at the Scottish Dental Show – a key event in the Scottish dentistry calendar. Our clients tell us that our seminars are very useful and insightful.
We produce a dentistry newsletter packed with useful information on this important sector. Click here to read our latest edition.
Call or email us today to see how we can help you grow your practice.
Martin Aitken & Co at the Scottish Dental Show 2013
Please click here to view the slides of the presentation from the Scottish Dental Show given by Jayne Clifford, Partner of Martin Aitken & Co and Robin Th’ng, Director at Shirlaws Scotland.